- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 fat garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp rosemary/thyme leaves or 1 tsp dried
- 3 large sweet potatoes, roughly chopped, about 750g
- 200g kale, finely chopped
- 1 litre quality chicken bone broth
- 4 eggs
- To serve (optional) a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, chili flakes
✔️Gently fry the onions in butter until softened for 8 minutes then add the garlic & herbs for a few mins.
✔️Add the stock/broth and sweet potatoes, bring to the boil and then turn down to a medium simmer for 15 minutes, lid on with a big pinch of sea salt & pepper until the sweet potatoes are just tender.
✔️Meanwhile, in a second pan, place the eggs in boiling water and cook for 6.5 minutes, cool and peel.
✔️Add the kale to the soup pan for a final 4 minutes until tender then season to taste and serve up with the halved eggs and sprinkle over sea salt & pepper.
*If you like, drizzle over a little olive oil and a squeeze of lemon into the broth and some chili flakes on the eggs