- 2 quarts cherry tomatoes about two pounds, stemmed
- 1 sweet onion roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 TBSPs olive oil
- 1 quart chicken broth **CHICKEN BONE BROTH #ftw
- 2 TBSPs fresh herbs of your choice thyme, basil, oregano, sage, parsley, etc.
- heavy cream or creme fraiche optional
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
TOPPINGS, OPTIONAL, TO TASTE
Cheese of your choice – parmesan, romano, goat, feta, etc.
Creme fraiche or sour cream
Additional fresh herbs of your choice
Additional salt and pepper to taste
Place cherry tomatoes, onion and garlic in two roasting/baking pans and drizzle with olive oil. Roast at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, until thoroughly browned but not charred.
Add to a stock pot along with chicken broth and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
Add herbs of your choice in the last minute and mix well.
Puree until smooth with an immersion blender.
For a creamy version, add heavy cream or mix in creme fraiche. Start with just a small amount (about 1/4 cup of heavy cream or a generous dollop of creme fraiche) and thoroughly mix into soup and taste. Slowly add more until desired creaminess is achieved.
Transfer to individual bowls and add additional toppings, to taste.
Serve with a side of toasted sourdough bread and butter, optional.
Source Fearless Eating