– 1 yellow onion
– 2 stalks of celery
– 4 carrots
– 5 cloves of garlic
– 2 jalapenos
– 5 tomatoes (or 1 can of diced tomatoes)
– 3 ½ cups of water or bone broth for best tasting stew!
– 1 can of black beans
– 1 ½ teaspoons of cumin
– ½ cups of quinoa
– ¼ cup of cilantro
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– Chop your onion, celery, carrots, garlic, jalapenos, and tomatoes (if not canned)
– In your favorite soup pot add some olive oil and warm it up a little. Add you onion, celery, carrots, garlic and jalapenos, and then cook them until they are slightly juicy.
– Now it’s time to add your water, tomatoes, beans, cumin, quinoa, and cilantro. Bring your beautifully forming soup mixture to a boil and give it a taste. Add salt and pepper to your liking to bring out those flavours.
– Now bring the heat down a little and let the soup simmer until your quinoa is cooked.
– Serve and eat.
Credit The Real Soup Nation