Some days we just need our own comfort food, may they be soup, stews, pies, chili, casseroles etc. Especially this cold season, there is nothing better than a big bowl warm, cozy and hearty soup.
For Fabienne, it’s a family recipe with her spin on it, the Mediterranean Red Lentil Soup. In Arabic, it’s called Adas Majroush or Split Lentil Soup but she adds kale, carrots, turmeric plus she uses BONED Broth.
Fabienne: “I love your product. I never buy broth and have always made it myself – the weird one bringing zip locks to turkey dinner for the bones LOL. But I really like your product because I just don’t have time anymore and it’s the only one I’ll use.”
Mediterranean Red Lentil Soup
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 4 Celery, chopped
- 4 Medium Carrots, chopped
- 2 Kale Leaves, chopped thinly
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 BONED broth container
- 1 thumb turmeric, grated
- 1 cup Red Lentils, rinsed
- Sauté an onion and garlic
- Add celery, carrots, kale and sauté for about 5 minutes in EVOO.Add in 1 c brown rice with a bit of broth Sauté another 3 minutes Add in 1 thumb of grated
- Add in brown rice with a bit of broth. Sauté another 3 minutes Add in 1 thumb of grated
- Add in turmeric then add rinsed red lentils.
- Pour in the rest of BONED broth container (add as needed 1/2 of another container) until the liquid covers about an inch above ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 min on low heat.
NOTE for fast cooking:
I like to sauté everything in my pressure cooker, then when I add lentils and broth I close the lid. Once it whistles, turn to low for 15 minutes.
Thank you for the wonderful recipe Fabienne! Try this recipe and let us know how it goes.