Halloumi or haloumi is a semi-hard, unripened, brined cheese made from a mixture of goat’s and sheep’s milk, and sometimes also cow’s milk. It has a high melting point and so can easily be fried or grilled. Ref
Dr. Jen prepared the perfect summer salad to add to your list with quinoa cooked in Boned broth, some creamy avocado, and vibrant miso-lemon dressing.
- 1 Cold Cucumber
- 1 large Avocado (still depends on your love for avocados) 🙂
- 100g Sliced Halloumi
- 1/2 tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp White Miso Paste
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Mint or Parsely
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- Potatoes, Tomatoes, Beef Boned broth and Quinoa
- Boil some potatoes to add to your plate.
- Cook some quinoa in beef Boned broth.
- Use a spiralizer or vegetable peeler on the cucumber to make long noodles and add to plate.
- Peel and slice avocados into wedges and then add to plate along with the fried sliced Halloumi.
- Add sliced tomatoes.
- Whisk to combine grated ginger, lemon juice, oil, and miso.
- Drizzle dressing over salad
- Garnish with chili flakes, sesame seeds, mint or parsley