Get the healthy goodness of chicken broth without the sip! This quick and easy eggplant ratatouille recipe that can be done in more or less half an hour uses chicken broth as the magic elixir to bring together its ingredients into one hearty meal. Ratatouille is usually served as a side dish but with its appetizing and delicious taste; it can be a great meal on its own.
You will need:
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, ½-inch dice
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 medium eggplant, ½-inch dice
- 2 large ripe tomatoes (or one 14½ oz. can diced tomatoes)
- 2 small zucchini, ½-inch dice
- 2 small yellow squash, ½-inch
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh or dried oregano leaves
- Put a heavy-bottomed sauté pan over medium heat for a minute and add olive oil.
- Add the onion when the oil is already hot then the garlic and pine nuts and sauté for 3 minutes or until the onion is slightly soft.
- Pour over the stock and eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until the eggplant is tender.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini and yellow squash and cook for about 10 more minutes or until the zucchini and squash are tender but still firm to the bite and brightly colored.
- Stir in the minced oregano leaves for about a minute before cooking is finished.
- Serve garnished with a sprig of fresh oregano.