This easy Chinese Corn Soup, also known as Egg Drop Soup, will blow your mind. We adapted this recipe from recipetineats.com and it will be ready in just 15 minutes! So warm, so cozy. We just might be making this Chinese Corn Soup with Chicken often because it is one of the fastest to make if you really don’t have the time to cook. Just throw in some vegetables like carrots or zucchini and some leafy vegetables like bok choy or broccolini too! Oh, and by the way, we also have our Chicken BONED Broth in there.
A very quick-to-make soup that will be one of our all time favourites, it’s thick, creamy (no cream!), sweet from the corn, hearty and soul-warming.
Chinese Chicken and Corn Soup
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken BONED Broth
- 1 can (16oz/420g) creamed corn
- 1 tsp soy sauce (all-purpose or light)
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine OR Mirin or Dry Sherry (can omit)
- 1 tsp ginger, minced or finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced or finely chopped
- 1 tsp cornflour/cornstarch, mixed with a splash of cold water
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp sliced scallions / shallots (optional)
Place chicken BONED Broth, creamed corn, soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, ginger, garlic and cornflour/water mixture in a saucepan over high heat.
Bring to boil, then turn down the heat to medium and stir occasionally. Cook for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Adjust seasoning with salt, turn off the heat, and slowly whisk in the egg so it cooks in “ribbons” throughout the soup. This also thickens the soup.
Add the chicken, season with white pepper, and serve, garnished with scallions.
And voila! Here is our version of Chinese Corn Soup with Chicken and Chicken BONED Broth.