This Creamy Chicken Soup is rich, flavorful, and as delicious as Grandma’s chicken soup but with a creamy twist. Instead of long-simmered stock, we start with our chicken BONED Broth and water then enrich this soup with vegetables, leftover chicken and milk. We adapted this recipe from a Filipino classic – Chicken Sopas from panlasangpinoy.com.
Milk makes this chicken soup version rich and creamy. We used evaporated milk for this recipe. Alternative ingredients for this type of milk includes fresh milk, powdered milk mixed in water, and whipping cream. You just might have this added to your list of soup staples especially when the cold weather comes.
Creamy Chicken Soup Ingredients
- 340.2 g shredded leftover chicken
- 0.5 piece cabbage sliced
- 1 piece onion diced
- 1-2 pcs carrots diced
- 1-2 cups evaporated milk, depending on your taste
- 210 g elbow macaroni
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pouch chicken BONED Broth
- 1-2 cups water or as needed
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- **Celery, herbs like basil, oregano are optional
Heat oil in a large soup pot. Sauté the garlic until it turns medium brown. Add onion and continue to sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the shredded chicken. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
Pour the water and Chicken BONED Broth (that will help cook the macaroni). Let boil.
- Put the carrots and elbow macaroni in the pot. Cook for 10 minutes.
Pour the evaporated milk. Stir, let boil, cover and cook for another 3 minutes. Note: you can add more water if needed.
- Add the cabbage. Stir and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
Share and enjoy!
Serve this Creamy Chicken Macaroni Soup to the family and friends to show the warmth of your love.