This Corn Chowder with Bone Broth is as comforting as a hug and full of flavour! This recipe is adapted from Cooking Classy and is made with bountiful fresh sweet corn, potatoes, hearty bacon, and garnished with chives and cheese. A soup recipe that is perfect all year long!
This has everything you’d want in corn chowder, nothing fancy, just delicious homecooked comfort food at its best! You’ll love the rich and creamy texture paired with the tender crispness of corn in every bite.
Ingredients for our Corn Chowder with Bone Broth
- 8 ears fresh sweet yellow corn, husked and silks removed and kernels cut from cob
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 5 slices bacon, cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cups Chicken BONED Broth
- 1 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 – 3 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving (optional)
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until onion has softened and just starting to brown around edges, about 8 – 10 minutes. Add in the flour and garlic and cook 1 1/2 minutes. While whisking, slowly pour in the chicken BONED Broth broth.
Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, then stir in corn kernels and potatoes. Add in thyme and bay leaf and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a light boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
Remove bay leave then transfer 2 1/2 cups of the chowder to a blender and blend until smooth. Stir the mixture back into the pot then stir in half and half and honey. Sprinkle each serving with chives and optional cheddar.
What to Serve with Corn Chowder?
Since this is a super hearty soup you don’t really need much with it. I like to serve with: