Introducing one of our favourite salads – our Quinoa Salad with BONED Broth! This quinoa salad is refreshing, crisp and delicious. A healthy, nutritious and delicious recipe you can share with your friends and family. We hope our BONED Broth Quinoa Salad becomes your go-to quinoa salad recipe. What vegetables do you love to add to your quinoa salad?
Thank you Grandma Maria for this recipe!
Did you know that quinoa is nutrient-rich and has significant health benefits? Learn the 11 Proven Health Benefits of Quinoa
- Prepare and cook the quinoa properly. Before you cook it, it’s best to rinse quinoa.
- Choose lots of colourful veggies and textures to add to the salad like nuts, seeds and other crisp vegetables.
- As the salad sits, the quinoa absorbs the dressing and gets more and more delicious over time. So use a bright and flavorful salad dressing.
Quinoa Salad with BONED Broth
- Quinoa 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cup BONED Broth
- 1 Red bell pepper – chopped
- 1 English cucumber – chopped
- 10 Grape tomatoes –chopped
- 1 Carrot – shredded
- Small Red onion (optional)
Vinaigrette dressing ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice – fresh lemon will make a world of difference here
- Red wine vinegar – white wine vinegar or even apple cider vinegar could be substituted.
- Fresh parsley and fresh cilantro – these herbs are a must! They add so much flavour to the dressing.
- Garlic – only use fresh garlic
- Salt – add to taste.
After rinsing your quinoa, cook it in the BONED Broth. Bring to a boil then reduce to a low simmer and cook, uncovered, until the liquid is absorbed by the quinoa, 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove from heat, cover, and let the quinoa rest for 5 minutes, to give it time to fluff up.
When the quinoa has cooled slightly, in a large bowl, combine the quinoa, bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots and onions. You can add more vegetables, seeds, nuts if you want to.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, herbs and salt. Whisk until blended, then set aside.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Taste then adjust with additional salt and pepper as needed.