For almost 2 million years, humans have been surviving and thriving by making the most of our environment. It has always been nature providing the best fuel on the planet to feed us and help us evolve, and for some reason so many have forgotten that. We live in a society that values food that is easy, fast and able to sit on a shelf for years. We have created a world of food that is full of preservatives, hormones, pesticides, herbicides, artificial sweeteners, processed ingredients, and often food that is a product of genetic modifications.
One of the stars in the all-natural, paleo super food movement is Bone Broth. Bone broths, made from a variety of animal sources (beef, chicken, pork, fish, etc.) were, for our ancestors, a way of allowing them to use and benefit from all parts of the animals that provided them with sustenance. By boiling the parts of the animals that they couldn’t traditionally eat, they were able to extract an amazing amount of nutrition. Broths are packed with collagen protein, amino acids, and minerals that are easily absorbed in our bodies. Many broths contain nutrients like calcium, magnesium, sulfur, silicon, and phosphorus, and are able to help address some of North America’s top nutritional deficiencies. Bone broth even contains Glucosamine, and Chondroitin Sulphate …something most of us have paid good money for at the supplement store!
Why do we care about Collagen?
- Comprises 30% of all the protein in your body, and 70% of the protein in your skin
- It is the “scaffolding” for cells, tissues and organs, and is responsible for the strength, flexibility, and elasticity of all tissues
- As we age, collagen production decreases significantly leading to weaker and less elastic skin, blood vessels, ligaments, muscles and tendons. This leads to tearing injuries, wrinkles, hardened blood vessels, and digestive issues
- When extracted naturally through simmering bones, the collagen (in the form of gelatin) is more pure, more potent, and more easily absorbed in our bodies.
Even though everyone’s grandma knows it’s a miracle elixir, researchers had a look at the components of bone broth and discovered that when collagen is broken down (into “gelatin”) by simmering in water for an extended period of time, the factors that are released can benefit our bodies in countless ways. That gelatin and all the other nutrients cannot be found in the shelf stable “flavour” broths currently available in grocery stores.
- Works in an anti-inflammatory capacity
- Faster recovery from injury and sport
- Decreases in food allergies and sensitivities (such as gluten and lactose)
- Reduces symptoms of digestive disorders (such as leaky gut, IBS, Crohn’s, reflux)
- Promotes proper probiotic balance in the digestive system
- reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Promotes proper bone density and strength
- Promotes healthy skin, hair and nails
So what’s the Catch?
For those who have tried to make their own broth, the answer to that question is obvious! Making broth is extremely labor-intensive, time-consuming, and it can sure stink up the house pretty quickly! Luckily the skilled “brothistas” at Boned, A Broth Company have taken all the hassle out of it. Their broths are made with the highest quality grass-fed beef bones, free-range chicken bones, and both are free of antibiotics, hormones, GMO’s, and gluten. Boasting the highest protein levels (57 grams in the 500ml beef broth!) in the entire functional beverage category, and using only the highest quality ingredients, Boned is blazing a trail across Canada with their delicious and craveable broths. Made fresh in small batches, and flash frozen to maintain optimal freshness, you can warm it up and drink it out of your favorite mug, or you can make it part of an amazing recipe. Sip it or soup it!
Visit Boned Broth (Booth #235) at CHFA East Trade Show: Eastern Canada’s largest natural health and organics trade event!
Conference: September 15 & 16, 2016
Trade Show: September 17 & 18, 2016
Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building, Toronto, ON
Trade Show Hours
Saturday, September 17 – 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, September 18 – 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Onsite Attendee Registration Hours
Thursday, September 15 – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday, September 16 – 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 17 – 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, September 18 – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CHFA EAST Show Info
Retailers and health practitioners know that staying up-to-date on the latest product offerings and industry advances is key to running a successful business. Attend CHFA East and gain that competitive edge by attending the two-day conference, exploring hundreds of exhibits during the trade show and networking with other like-minded people – all dedicated to the natural health and organic products industry.
CONNECT WITH THE INDUSTRY
At CHFA East, retailers attend conference sessions, networking events and see products from over 800 exhibitors, including leading manufacturers, distributors and brokers. Bring your business cards!
STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE
A successful retail business depends on keeping up with innovative new products and trends. CHFA East is your chance to see, touch and taste thousands of new natural health and organic products, from vitamins and supplements, to foods and personal care and so much more.
PRODUCT EDUCATION SESSIONS
Product education sessions provide you with a unique opportunity to meet developers, manufacturers and distributors and learn from their insights and knowledge. Consumers look to retailers and health practitioners for guidance on products and you will be able to speak confidently about the products you sell and that ensures your customers will return time and again.
BUSINESS EDUCATION SESSIONS
The conference program is developed based on feedback from members of the Association. Whether you are looking for practical business solutions or industry updates, the conference is sure to deliver practical solutions to everyday business challenges.
ENJOY EXCITING TORONTO
When the day is done, you’ll enjoy all the excitement Toronto has to offer, like world-class sports, renowned restaurants, theatre, comedy, shopping and more!
LOW COST. HIGH RETURN.
Members of CHFA always attend the trade show at no charge. For non-members, discounted rates apply until the pre-registration deadline, restrictions apply.
Source: Shape Magazine
From a healthy gut, to radiant skin, hair, and nails, find out the unique benefits of this new food trend.
This fall, there’s a new trendy hot beverage filling mugs across America and experts are already singing its health praises. So what is this magical elixir? Bone broth. Marco Canora, owner of the new New York bone broth shop Brodo (think Starbucks but savory), says broth has been considered a great healer in many cultures and in South America, where’s he’s from, it’s even said that a good broth can revive the dead. (Broth is just one of the top 50 winter foods for weight loss.)
As a bone broth devotee, I couldn’t be more excited about this news. I first learned about the broth interviewing a nutritionist about leaky gut syndrome. She told me that all of her patients drink bone broth and not only did they see vast improvements in gut issues, but she called it “magic.” Then I read that bone broth is one of the three pillars of the LA Laker’s official team diet. If it’s good enough for pro ballers, it’s definitely good enough for me! So I headed off to my local supermarket only to find they had no bones. The local butcher was able to help me out some, but then he recommended I try the Asian food market. I found out that the best way to make bone broth is with the boniest bones you can find, like beef knuckles, chicken necks, oxtails, soup bones and, of course, tiny, creepy feet. Once you get the bones, making a basic broth is simple: Cram them all into a crockpot with whatever vegetables and herbs you have laying around, add water to the top, and boil on low for 24 to 72 hours. It will smell wonderful and you’ll end up with a nutritious and cheap drink or soup base. (Here’s a more detailed recipe for advanced chefs.)
But enough about me, here’s why you should try drinking bone broth.
1. Heal and seal your gut. According to Jill Grunewald, a holistic nutrition coach and founder of Healthful Elements, a cup a day works miracles for leaky gut syndrome but it’s also good for protecting non-leaky guts. The gelatin in the bone broth (found in the knuckles, feet, and other joints) helps seal up holes in intestines. This helps cure chronic diarrhea, constipation, and even some food intolerances.
2. Protect your joints. Taking glucosamine supplements to help with joint pain has been common knowledge for years, but it turns out that bone broth has glucosamine too. But unlike pills, the broth also includes a host of other goodies that help keep your joints happy, healthy, and pain-free. The chondroitin sulfate in bone broth has been shown to help prevent osteoarthritis.
3. Look younger. Bone broth is a rich source of collagen. You can find collagen in all kinds of “plumping” products these days, but why stick it on the outside when you can drink it? Not only is drinking it cheaper, but it can make your skin, hair, and nails look just as radiant.
4. Sleep better, and feel better. The glycine in bone broth has been shown in several studies to help people sleep better and improve memory.
5. Immune support. Mark Sisson, author of The Primal Blueprint, actually calls bone broth a “superfood” thanks to the high concentration of minerals. He says that the bone marrow can help strengthen your immune system. (Something that won’t surprise your grandma who always made you her famous chicken soup when you got sick!) A Harvard study even showed that some people with auto-immune disorders experienced a relief of symptoms when drinking bone broth, with some achieving a complete remission.
6. Stronger bones. The phosphorus, magnesium, and calcium in the bones seeps out into the broth leaving you with the essential building blocks for healthy bones.
7. More energy. I’m not sure what the mechanism is for this, but if you read accounts of bone broth, you’ll notice everyone swears by the energy boost. I’d prefer to see science backing this up, but the research on bone broth is still emerging.
8. It’s very economical! What else were you going to do with those chicken carcasses, soup bones, and veggies going bad in your fridge?
Boned broth is made to nourish people; to fuel your life and heal your body. But we have been receiving testimonies and wonderful articles about how bone broth can benefit pets. Read this feedback from Dallas who tried to give her dog Boned broth:
Can’t read the post?
Top quality product. Saves me so much time from making it myself. I drink and cook with Boned Broth regularly and when my dog just got an intestinal infection I thought I’d give it a try with him instead of antibiotics. Sure enough 3 days later of Boned Broth 1 cup, 3 times a day with food(which he wasn’t eating at all before) and he’s right back to healthy. So glad it’s readily available now.– Dallas Jade Desnoyers
We love hearing how we are able to help people and their loved ones gain their health back with bone broth.
Yesterday, Grandma Maria received an email about bone broth and we are excited to share this testimony.
I have seen your products at probably at CHFA show or somewhere, great packaging.
I will definitely look around the local store and if I ever spot them, will let you know.
(I often shop at Choices and Whole Foods Market on Cambie St. in Vancouver).
I started eating bone broth when I got environmental allergies after giving birth of my 2nd child. I was almost vegetarian (always ate seafood but stop eating after Fukushima for a while) while I was pregnant with my 2nd child, worked too long hrs and didn’t look after my body and developed the allergies, my body was completely depleted, then my ND suggested me to start eating bone broth (GAPS diet) which I
almost passed out when she said that since I simply couldn’t do meat at all back then but then my allergy was so awful and thought I would
I started making chicken bone broth and was eating for a while and I got my stamina back quickly. I could think better and after 2yrs, I am much better and overcame the allergies. Bone broth works! (but I still can’t do beef or pork yet).
Good luck with your business.
All the best;
Bone broth continues to successfully heal and fuel a person’s body.
We are proud to be in the bone broth business.