They say that broccoli is one of the most hated foods out there. So, if you’re one of them who hate the texture of broccoli in their mouth (or because of hTAS2R38 gene as geneticist say), try this creamy broccoli soup and have a change of heart! This soup will have to get you eating broccoli without actually having to munch on this “mini-trees” since this is a broth-based soup. Yes! Using beef broth to compensate for it’s weird taste and texture and it makes it delicious you will forgive the broccoli about it this time, plus, think about the Vitamins C, K, and A that every spade in broccoli is rich.
So, without further ado, here’s what you will need and the instruction how to prepare it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch broccoli, florets roughly chopped and stems peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated white cheddar cheese, for topping (optional)
- Bread, for dipping (optional)
How to cook:
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil and add the chopped onion and cook until soft and lightly golden
- Add beef broth, broccoli, sweet potato, water and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender and blend in batches. Season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve with grated cheese on top or with slices of bread, if desired.
Please tell us how it tastes!