If you’re looking for a light yet savory snack or meal, this recipe by Giada De Laurentiis will surely hit the spot. Kids and adults who love cheese will definitely grab a bowl or two.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (9-ounce) packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leave
- Pour the broth into a heavy large saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Season the broth with pepper, to taste.
- Add the tortellini and simmer over medium heat until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Ladle the broth and tortellini into soup bowls. Top with parsley and Parmesan crisps and serve.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour a heaping tablespoon of Parmesan onto a silicone or parchment lined baking sheet and lightly pat down. A silicone baking sheet is highly recommended. Repeat with the remaining cheese, spacing the spoonfuls about a 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool.
- Yield: 8 to 10 crisps